June 25, 2009

Super Summer Wed. Update

Yesterday was a good day.  Started out by eating a delicious omelette. Next, headed into Absarokee, Montana, with the band.   It is about a 25 minute drive, which we were making to sit inside a coffee shop and enjoy the wifi offered.  Once we got there, the shop was closed.  We don’t know why.  Was it just for today, for the week, month, forever… we don’t know.  There were no more coffee shops, and only one place with wifi.  The information center, which seemed to be a combo antique, tourist information… etc.  We all sat outside with our macs, and talking on our cell phones.  It was pretty funny to see.  The locals were all driving by and trying to figure out what was going on.  I wanted to take pictures of their faces, because it was priceless.  There is a picture floating around of us sitting there taken by Oscar, the keys player in Joseph Barkley, which I will have to get my hands on.  

We came back just in time for lunch.  Wow, the food here is amazing.  There is a wide variety here.  It makes me think of Bob Evans (thanks dad).  We had pizza, cheese filled bread sticks, tacos, hamburgers, hotdogs…  it was awesome.  

In the afternoon we headed out to the firing range.  It is the first time I have shot a gun probably since middle school, with my dad at Men’s Retreat.  The difference is, that was a 22, and this was a lot bigger.  I have no idea what it was, but it had the two huge missile looking “bullets” that we loaded each time.  We shot at this discs that were shot into the air.  It was pretty sweet.  I shot 19 out of 50, which I was pumped about.  The gun knocked me backward the first time because of the kick.  NICE!!

Last night I was starting to feel tired, not just physically, but emotionally and spiritually as well.  I spoke about not just stopping at words when we know what God wants us to do, but to Just Do It.  It is the action that is the obedience that God wants.  There are times we need to plan, and think, but there is always an action, and we need to get on it.  

It was after I was done that I was hit very hard with the low that I hit when I am doing a number of sessions in a row.  It was a drain, that I can’t explain.  It is a loneliness, and yet I know that I am not alone.  I miss my family, Tauni and the kids, my extended family, my community of support, and their lifting me up.  It is a hard thing.  I just kind of walked around, sat around and was very hard for me to focus, engage, even connect with people.  I hate that feeling.  It doesn’t help when I am unable to have cell reception, to make those connections happen. 

I hit the wall last night, but am ready to break through it today.  I actually slept till 7:30 today, which is an hour longer than my previous nights. 

Scott

No comments: