June 26, 2009

Last Day of Camp

The last day of camp was a good.  Ken, the director of the camp, took us on a hike to Sioux Charley Lake.  It was 3 miles in and 3 miles out.  He hiked up with his fishing pole, and he caught a fish in the lake.  The river coming down was rushing so fast and was so high because of all the snow that was melting.  

This post is going to sound a little short and weird, but I have some sort of a reason.  I am so tired.  I am ready for a long nap, but am even more ready to see Tauni, Michael and Zoe.  I miss them so much.  

Last night was very cool.  I talked about walking on water.  What I call the “road” that I have taken.  It went very well.  When I gave the students a chance to come and put their fears and obstacles in the boat, actually a green kayak, they came in droves.  I think there were people there before I could even get out of the way.  Joseph Barkley came up and played “You Never Let Go” by Matt Redman, which has seemed to be an anthem for me for the last 6 months or so.  The band was amazing for the entire week.  It was so good to work, and play with them.

I pray that God continues to use this week to impact Jr. High, the counselors, the camp staff and the camp ground summer staff.


Scott

No comments: