June 23, 2009

Opening Night in the Beartooth Mountains



I had a chance to “hike”, which for me was on 4 wheels in an Isuzu Rodeo, about 3/4 of the way up some of the Beartooth Mountains.  It was awesome.

Last night I spoke for the first time to the 7th and 8th grade students.  I spoke about listening to the voice of God, and listening for the “pssst” of God.  It was a great night. At the end, I gave them a chance to raise their hands if they wanted to follow God with everything that they have, and had probably half the room, of 150 students raise their hand, and added another 1/4 as I asked the question about wanting to train their ears to hear and recognize His voice.  

I brought all the leaders up front and opened up the front as a place for the students to be able to come and pray with the leaders.  By the end, I would say almost all of them took the opportunity to come, save a few, to pray, as the band, Plumbline, played.  It was awesome.

Thanks for the emails of prayers and reminders of people praying for the camp and me as I continue to do what God has called me to.  God is sweet, and I love having the opportunity to follow Him, and do exactly what I feel God has designed me for.

Scott


No comments: