June 16, 2009

What are you doing God?

I am going to be meeting with a senior pastor about a ministry position.  I have gotten to this place by following what I believe to be a bread crumb trail from God.  2 weeks ago I had a pastor facebook me about a particular position, that was not at his church, but wondered if I had heard about it.  A second pastor, within a couple of days, asked me if I had applied at this same particular church.  I mentioned it to my wife the next day, and she seemed interested in it.  Half an hour later I was emailing the pastor at this church.  I have no idea where this is going, but I am asking for your prayers in this endeaver.  

I am still in a place that I love what I do, God has changed me so much through this "walking on water", that I hardly want it to change.  But I know that at this time, change is inevitable, in either a positional change, or a change in how I fund the ministry that God has given me.  

I am nervous about meeting this pastor for the fact that I have no idea what God is doing right now.  I had a group of guys get together last week and spend a couple of hours worshipping and praying for direction for the ministry, and where it was leading.  I, of course, was waiting for someone to come out and tell me the exact thing God wanted me to do, but that was not the case.  

There are some things that have changed in my ministry over the past couple of years, and am wondering how that will affect the ministry I would do as part of a staff at a church.  I am not even sure what that looks like anymore.  

I want to be and believe that I am being open to what God is doing.  I just pray that I will be obedient to where he is leading.

Scott

No comments: